UL Lafayette students can register with The Office of Disability Services (ODS) by following the steps below.
ELEVATOR ACCESS: If you are only in need of elevator access (Griffin Hall is the only card activated elevator) please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your documentation and Cajun Card. You can also stop by our office at 126 Agnes Edwards Hall and we will be happy to assist you.
Step 1: Submit an ODS New Student Application and upload documentation.
The ODS New Student Application helps us better understand the impacts of your disability and your accommodation requests. The application includes a file upload feature to provide ODS with your disability documentation.
You must first be accepted to the University and have a ULID login to register.
- Important: Your application is not complete and cannot be processed until you have uploaded your disability documentation to your application (unless your disability is readily observable; see above). If you have any difficulties or questions related to submitting your application or uploading files, please contact ODS.
- For guidance on the documentation required, review our Documentation Guidelines.
- Students with readily observable disabilities (e.g. wheelchair user, white cane user) can contact ODS after submitting your application in lieu of uploading documentation.
- For assistance with the ODS New Student Application, please call 337-482-5252 or email email@example.com.
Step 2: If approved, you will receive an email with instructions on how to schedule your accommodation meeting.
- All emails will go to your university email account.
- Typically, these emails are sent within 7 business days of documentation receipt.
- If not approved, the email will provide instructions for how to provide sufficient documentation.
Step 3: Schedule and attend your Accommodation Meeting.
- During an accommodation meeting, you will meet to discuss your submitted application, barriers you experience in your academics, accommodations that provide equal access, and how to set up those accommodations.
- You are not officially registered with ODS until after you have completed your Accommodation Meeting.
-If you have any questions about the registration process, please contact ODS at 337-482-5252 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.