Aside from functioning as a support service for students with disabilities, we also assist our faculty as well as our students in serving as a TESTING CENTER. This is role we take very seriously. As with any testing center, several rules must apply in order for our center to run smoothly.
Testing Center rules are as follows:
- Returning AND new ODS students: Please read our new PDF on How to Schedule Your Tests with Instructor & ODS. Note: This process has been changed and updated Summer 2019.
- You must schedule your exams at least 3 business days in advance of the exam so we can be prepared for you.
- Final exams must be scheduled with ODS by the final exam scheduling deadline which will be communicated to you via email. It is typically 10 business days prior to the first day of finals.
- All book bags must be left outside of the testing area prior to testing.
- No cell phones or smart watches are allowed in the testing area.
- No ipods, computers, unauthorized calculators, or ANY electronic devices of any kind are allowed in the testing area.
- If you leave the office and have not completed your exam (to attend class, etc) we must have permission from your professor to allow you to complete your exam.
- If your professor forgot to indicate that you are allowed a calculator, notes, extra paper, etc. we MUST contact your professor before we allow any of these items in the testing room. We MUST strictly follow the instructions from your professor.
- If you are testing on a computer, no jump drives are allowed in the computer.
- ALL exams will be returned to faculty even if they have indicated to you that you are allowed to keep your exam. You can retrieve your exam from your professor at a later date.
- For any descrepancy in the testing enviornment, your exam will be collected and your professor will be contacted. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this policy. Please think long and hard before you decide to cheat. You risk the possibility of ruining your academic status and possibly being expelled from the university. Faculty determine the consequences for academic dishonesty, not ODS.
Please note: Our testing center hours are different from University hours. The ODS testing center is open from 7:45 am-4:45 pm Monday-Thursday and 7:45am-12:15 on Friday. All testing must be completed by 4:45pm (M-Th) and 12:15pm on Fridays.