Aside from functioning as a support service for students with disabilities, we also assist our faculty as well as our students in serving as a TESTING CENTER. This is role we take very seriously. As with any testing center, several rules must apply in order for our center to run smoothly. They are as follows:
- You must give your professor the test contract preferably 48 hours prior to the exam so they can make the necessary arrangements to get the exam to us.
- You must schedule your exam with ODS at least 24 hours in advance of the exam so we can be prepared for you.
- All book bags must be left outside of the testing area prior to testing. SGA purchased lockers for our office several years ago for this purpose.
- No cell phones are allowed in the testing area
- No ipods, computers, unauthorized calculators or ANY electronic devices of any kind are allowed in the testing area.
- If you leave the office and have not completed your exam (to attend class, etc) we must have permission from your professor to allow you to complete your exam.
- If your professor filled out the testing contract and forgot to indicate that you are allowed a calculator, notes, extra paper, etc. we MUST contact your professor before we allow any of these items in the testing room. We MUST strictly follow the instructions from your professor.
- If you are testing on a computer, no jump drives are allowed in the computer.
- ALL exams will be returned to faculty even if they have indicated to you that you are allowed to keep your exam. You can retrieve your exam from your professor at a later date.
If a cheating situation occurs, your exam will be collected, your professor will be contacted, and you will be reported to the Dean of Students. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this policy. Please think long and hard before you decide to cheat. You risk the possibility of ruining your academic status and possibly being expelled from the university.